Thursday 28 May 2009

The Training

Both Kim and I have started training and building up the mileages. I started back in March with runs from Rodley to Leeds and back then started to extend the miles by heading the other way to Bingley 5 rise locks (Nice cafe at the top good cakes). In April Kim started to push up the mileage with some good runs around 52 miles taking in quite a bit of hill riding getting to and from the canal. For me the canal is much closer to my home around 1/2 mile from Rodley so I get out of the hills only locks and a little bit of road to contend with. A friend of mine Gary Thorpe has joined me on a couple of rides heading out towards Leeds and out to Castleford a great ride as you get to see lots you will never see travailing by car. Just recently in May I have now put a couple of rides in heading out to Skipton along the tow path. My brother James joined my on the first run out and heading out towards Riddlesden is reasonably easy as the tow path is good. Once you get past here the tow path turns to grass with a muddy track that does restrict your speed from this point to Silsden then to Skipton. We both made it there and back with no drama so this weekend just gone I decided to do it again this time on my own. I seemed to be easier the 2nd time so my fitness appears to be approving time to raise the bar some more.

No comments: